skip to Main Content

Time to Replace Your Old Home AC Unit

On the surface acquiring a new air conditioning and heating unit may seem expensive, it will prove to be more cost-effective in the long run. New air conditioning and heating systems can last much longer and are cheaper to operate.

Here are ten reasons for retiring that old AC unit.

Number 10
Increased Home Resale Value – Buying a home is generally the biggest investment people make. Your air conditioning and heating system is a big part of that valuation. When a home is for sale, an updated and energy efficient air conditioning and heating system increases appeal and can increase the probability of you getting your price.

TemperaturePro Bux-Mont provides air conditioning maintenance and installation services in the Philadelphia, PA area.

Number 9
State-of-the-Art Design – Most contemporary air conditioning and heating systems are designed to meet various types of demanding usage. With constant advancements in electronics and motor technology, modern units operate much more efficiently than older units.

Number 8
Equipment Protection Plans – When purchasing a new system ask your HVAC company sales representative if they offer extended warranty protection plans. These plans require an upfront investment but they protect you if something happens to your unit after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.

Number 7
Less Environmental Impact – Most older AC units utilize R22 refrigerant. The Environmental Protection Agency has mandated that all new units or units that have had their refrigerant replaced, be fitted to use 410A. This new formula has been proven to create less damage to the ozone layer. Because the new units are more efficient, they use less energy. This decreases demand on your community’s power grid.

Number 6
Longer Unit Life Span – Newer air conditioning and heating units can be expected to last longer. Newer units have improved motor control systems and the ability to precisely control the temperature within the living space. The newer units are on for shorter periods of time reducing wear on mechanical components.

Number 5
Quieter Operation – New systems have been specially designed to reduce both fan and motor noise. Because of better motor design and special insulation techniques, newer systems will operate much quieter.

Number 4
Higher Air Flow Efficiency – Specialized plenum designs, newer ducting systems, and improved vents all combine to create a more efficient air delivery method. Specialized duct sealing and careful installation will help to reduce operating costs and improve unit efficiency.

Number 3
High-Tech Thermostats – Over the past few years, cellular technology and the proliferation of the internet has made it easy to control appliances remotely. Today’s high-tech thermostats allow you to monitor and adjust the temperature in your home or office.

Number 2
Better Environmental Controls – Newer system control boards and better unit designs allow air temperature to be precisely controlled and automatically monitored. The unit does not have to work as hard so it functions more efficiently.

And the number one reason for replacing your old air conditioning and heating system is…

Number 1
Much More Cost Effective – Newer and higher efficiency units will save thousands of dollars in electricity and fuel costs over their lifetime. Most of the older systems operate nearly 65% of AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) which means that the remaining 35% is wasted money. Newer units have an AFUE rating of 90% efficiency. That tells you all you need to know.

It makes more sense to retire your old worn out air conditioning and heating system in favor of a highly efficient model. If you’re still not convinced, take our FREE energy audit and learn how efficient your home or business is.

When you decide to update your HVAC system, call the heating and air conditioning experts at TemperaturePro®-BuxMont. We will get you the best value for your money along with the most professional installation available today.

Local A/C and Heating Repair and Installation

Call TemperaturePro®-BuxMont 215.942.6686

TemperaturePro Bux-Mont services most major brands of HVAC equipment in Bucks and Montgomery Counties, PA.

TemperaturePro®-BuxMont Services Most Major Brands

MENUMENU
Back To Top